We’ve all made a lot of changes to make sure we comply with restrictions and keep everyone safe. Please read all the information below before coming in for a climb.
Summary of changes
Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
You’ll need to keep your distance from all other people – at least 1.5 metres. Wash or sanitise your hands before and after every climb. Stay home if you are not 100% well.
Check-in and Check out
You will need to login and log out. This enables us to know who was in the gym at any given time, so we can share this information with NSW Health if required.
We are making the switch to mandatory liquid chalk to minimise the risk of powder chalk acting as a carrier of the virus. You’ll be able to buy some from a range of brands or buy or hire our house-made liquid chalk. Please leave any loose or powdered chalk at home.
We will not be hiring out chalk bags; you can hire one of our liquid chalk bottles for $3. Harnesses can be hired if required and will be quarantined for 2 days before being re-used, or sanitised if required earlier. Hire shoes are sanitised on return and then left to dry until the next day.
We are accepting bookings for youth clinics. Each group is strictly limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
Birthday Parties and Group Bookings
We are welcoming birthday party and small group bookings with a maximum of 20 people BUT the Adamstown party room has a maximum of 4 people at a time (15 at Warners Bay). If you’re having a party we can set up a table in the main room for your cake.
Card Payments Preferred
We will accept cash if required, with strict cash handling protocols. Tap and go contactless payments are our preferred option.
Covid Safety Marshal
A Covid Safety Marshal will be on duty at all times. They are responsible for ensuring our Covid-safety Plan is followed. You will know who they are as they will be wearing a special badge.
What we expect from you
- Stay at home if you:
- Have a cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath;
- Have been overseas in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has;
- Have been to a Covid-19 hotspot within the last 14 days, or in contact with someone who has;
- Have been asked by NSW Health to self-isolate;
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19; or
- Are awaiting results for a Covid-19 test.
- Update your contact details in case they are required for contact-tracing.
- Log in and out with staff.
- Wash or sanitise your hands on entry to our facility as well as before and after each climb.
- Stay at least 1.5m away from all other people (except members of your household).
- Do not use loose chalk – liquid chalk only.
- Wipe down carabiners before and after use.
- Comply with signed occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Practise good cough/sneeze hygiene.
- Wipe down everything you use in the training areas.
- Don’t touch your face unless you have just washed your hands.
What you can expect from us
- We review our operating procedures and policies to ensure we comply with current health recommendations.
- We communicate clearly regarding our Covid-safe Plan and requirements.
- Our staff are well trained in our Covid-safe Plan and related policies and procedures.
- We provide clear signage regarding:
- Staying home if unwell
- Social distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze hygiene
- Logging in and out
- Occupancy limits for designated areas.
- We provide sanitiser, soap, paper towel, and sanitising wipes.
- We regularly clean and disinfect common surfaces.
- We maintain an accurate attendance register and provide it to health authorities if required.
- We remind customers of their responsibilities and enforce our policies.
If you want to get into all the detail, you can download:
- Our full Covid Safe Plan and amended policies and procedures v 2.4 updated 23 September 2020.
- Updated Occupancy Limits – Adamstown showing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Updated Warners Bay floor plan and occupancy limits showing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Updated Gosford Occupancy Limitsshowing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.