We’re excited to announce our re-opening on Saturday 13th June. We’ve worked hard while our doors have been shut, ensuring everything is clean and fresh for you.
There will be a lot of changes to make sure we comply with re-opening restrictions and keep everyone safe. Please read all the information below before coming in for a climb.
Summary of changes
Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
You’ll need to keep your distance from all other people – at least 1.5 metres. Wash or sanitise your hands before and after every climb. Stay home if you are not 100% well.
Check-in and Check out
You will need to login and log out. This enables us to know who was in the gym at any given time, so we can share this information with NSW Health if required.
Direct debit members – we’ll unfreeze your membership payments on 13th June. If you’re worried about not using your membership to its full extent, you can ask us to keep it on hold and instead pay for a casual visit when you come in. Annual upfront members, we’ve extended your membership by 67 days.
We are making the switch to mandatory liquid chalk to minimise the risk of powder chalk acting as a carrier of the virus. You’ll be able to buy some from a range of brands or buy or hire our house-made liquid chalk.
We will not be hiring out climbing shoes or chalk bags; you can hire one of our liquid chalk bottles for $3. Harnesses can be hired if required and will be quarantined for 2 days before being re-used.
Customers who have credits from last term can join classes in the last part of this term. No new enrolments this term.
Birthday Parties and Group Bookings
We are welcoming birthday party and small group bookings with a maximum of 20 people BUT the party room has a maximum of 4 people at a time. If you’re having a party we can set up a table in the main room for your cake.
No Cash Payments
Card only please.
What we expect from you
- Stay at home if you:
- Have a cough, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath;
- Have been overseas in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has;
- Have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19; or
- Are awaiting results for a Covid-19 test.
- Update your contact details in case they are required for contact-tracing.
- Log in and out with staff.
- Wash or sanitise your hands on entry to our facility as well as before and after each climb.
- Stay at least 1.5m away from all other people (except members of your household).
- Do not use loose chalk – liquid chalk only.
- Wipe down carabiners before and after use.
- Comply with signed occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Practise good cough/sneeze hygiene.
- Wipe down everything you use in the training areas.
- Don’t touch your face unless you have just washed your hands.
What you can expect from us
- We review our operating procedures and policies to ensure we comply with current health recommendations.
- We communicate clearly regarding our Covid-safe Plan and requirements.
- Our staff are well trained in our Covid-safe Plan and related policies and procedures.
- We provide clear signage regarding:
- Staying home if unwell
- Social distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze hygiene
- Logging in and out
- Occupancy limits for designated areas.
- We provide sanitiser, soap, paper towel, and sanitising wipes.
- We regularly clean and disinfect common surfaces.
- We maintain an accurate attendance register and provide it to health authorities if required.
- We remind customers of their responsibilities and enforce our policies.
If you want to get into all the detail, you can download:
- Our full Covid-safe plan v1.3
- Floor Plan Adamstown showing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Floor Plan Warners Bay showing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.
- Floor plan Gosford showing occupancy limits for each area of the gym.